8:30am we depart for the town of Nuevo Tingo (one hour by car). We will continue our tour by Cable Car to the tourist stop, from where we will walk 30 minutes to reach the fortified citadel of KUELAP. The site tour takes approximately 2.5 hours.
Return to the boarding platform for the Cable Cars back to Nuevo Tingo, where we will have lunch at the restaurant SABORES DEL UTCUBAMBA. Finally we return to the city of Chachapoyas
YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES: Transportation, Spanish speaking Guide, site entrance and cable car ticket.
OPTIONAL: English speaking guide (may be a surcharge, contact to confirm). Horses (will be a surcharge, contact for quote)
NOT INCLUDED: Meals and Drinks
- The cost of the package is per person in national currency (soles); exonerated from the IGV by the law of Amazonia No. 29647.
- Rates do not apply for Easter, National Holidays, Patron Saint Festivities (August 1 to 15) and New Years
- Tours take place in shared service
- Children from 0 to 4 years do not pay as long as they share the service with their parents. All expenses incurred by the child will be covered by their parents. Children from 5 to 11 years have a 10% discount
- To confirm your reservation a deposit of 50% is required, to ensure the availability of transport services, guides, cable car ticket, etc. The remaining 50% is due upon arrival in Chachapoyas.
- Deposit can be made by money transfer in soles to our Current account in the CREDIT BANK 290-2540955-00-2 on behalf of CHACHAPOYAS TRAVEL TOUR OPERADOR EIRL. Send proof of transfer.
- Any services not taken or voluntarily canceled by customers during their itinerary are non refundable.
- Chachapoyas Travel is not responsible for costs generated by unforeseen events such as natural disasters, strikes or death.
- Chachapoyas Travel may modify the order of excursions, when considered necessary for security or a more successful visit.
- Cancellation between 30 and 15 days before the start date of the service incur a penalty of 20% of the total value of the package for administrative expenses.
- Cancellations or changes between 15 to 1 days before the departure date have a penalty of 100% of the total value of the package.
- Kuelap cable cars are closed occasionally for scheduled preventative maintenance. Consult us at the time of booking.
ABOUT THE CLIMATE, ALTITUDE, TEMPERATURE AND RECOMMENDED TRAVEL TIME
- Chachapoyas is 2334 m.a.s.l. with average annual temperatures daytime 21 ° C and nighttime 12 ° C. Due to climate change, the climate in the Amazon region is very variable. We currently receive visitors throughout the Year, with the most recommended months from June to November..
- Dry Season: June to September
- Semi Dry season: October to December
- Rainy Season: January to May
CLOTHING AND GEAR
- We suggest bringing a windbreaker, raincoat or poncho (with a hood), especially in the rainy season, fleece jacket or warm clothes for the nights, long pants, non-slip shoes, water resistant and high-topped (especially in the rainy season), binoculars, wide brimmed hat, canes or walking sticks, sunscreen, insect repellent, a small backpack to carry during your excursions, water bottle, camera, medications, etc